One of my New Years resolutions was to blog more. Its kind of hard without the internet, so I’m going to try to blog one month at a time. We’ll see how it goes…
JANUARY 2011:
New Years was just me and the girls. Unfortunately, I didn’t get a picture of the three of us, but I did get a picture of the two girls in bed.| matching Christmas pjs |
We watched the countdown on tv, Madison and I played memory (one of her favorite games), and ate lots of treats and drank sparkling cider. We had fun.
(again, sorry no pictures)
Madison seems to have an issue with getting injuries on New Years. Last year she stubbed her toe and it hurt for several months. This year she sprained her pinky finger. So we spent several hours in the ER on a very busy holiday weekend.
![]() |
| sitting in the ER- not happy |
![]() |
| the sprained one is the one on bottom |
On January 2nd, Madison became a Sunbeam! She was so excited to go to Primary and sang (repeatedly) “Jesus wants me for a sun…BEAM”. I didn’t get a picture of just her, but here is a family picture of us on her special day.
That night Madison, Melissa, and Jacob had a sleepover. Makenna was there too, just not in the bedroom.
We went bowling with Kyle, Sara, and the kids. I didn’t have my camera and my phone battery was about to die, so this is the only picture I was able to get.
Here she is at her 3 month check up. She weighed 14 lbs 4 oz and was 24 inches long!
She was born with a big red birthmark on the back of her head. At her two week check up, her doctor said we should watch it. Madison had one too, so I thought it was no big deal- just a birthmark. She started to get some cradle cap (or so I thought) in it, so I showed the doctor at her two month check up. He was slightly worried and had me try a few things to clear it up. At a follow up appointment two weeks later, it had gotten worse, and the weird thing about it is the fact that it is only within the boundaries of her birthmark. Now we have an appointment at Primary Children’s Hospital with a specialist in March to see if there is something major going on.
Makenna also started teething! The poor thing keeps having her teeth pop up and gums get all swollen, just to have them go back down and come back up and bug her again.
I love the fact that she sleeps all night in her crib!
Madison started pre-school on January 13th. She loves school!
The stomach bug hit our house big time! It started with Madison. She woke up one night covered in throw up. No one else I knew had been sick, so at that point I had no idea what was wrong with her. The next day she was running a fever and was completely out of it. She’d wake up every once in a while doubled over and crying that her stomach hurt- below her belly button . I tried to get her into two different doctors but they had no appointments available, so I took her to the ER (for the record, that made it twice in January). The doctor was stumped at first but did some x-rays and found out she was very compacted/constipated (yet he couldn’t figure out the fever and throwing up. It wasn’t for a few days later when I threw up that we realized the two were unrelated.). He tried a few things and nothing gave her relief, so we went to the pediatrician the next morning. She is now on a daily medicine to help her and so far so good. (Sorry if all of this was TMI for a blog- some people had wondered what was wrong with her- so here is the (kind of) short version without getting too graphic).
I got to babysit Baby Alex (Madison calls him “Alex-Tander”) a couple times this month! I love that little guy!!!
We had two family weddings in January! Congrats to Kelcie & Dave and Jay & Lori!!! (no pictures of this one, sorry- I don’t like to post pictures of people without their permission)
Makenna started eating baby food! We started with the traditional rice cereal- homemade by me, of course. In January, she had only had cereal. I make my own baby food and so far I have made homemade rice cereal, avocado, banana, and peas.
| my first batch of homemade rice cereal! |
| Madison helping me make avocado |
I’ve also used my “Baby Bullet” (baby food maker) to make Madison pancakes from scratch. She loves to help me with them and even puts sprinkles on them as they cook.
| so proud of her pancakes |
Kyle and Sara announced they are expecting another baby in August! Here is my cute little nephew making the announcement. Congrats to them!!
I’ve never been to the Railroad Museum in Helper. So one day I decided we’d go. Madison and I got to Helper only to find they weren’t open on Mondays. I took a few pictures of her outside on a train car and decided we’d go back a different day.
Instead I picked up Melissa & Jake and we went to the dinosaur museum. Madison has a fascination with dinosaurs. She picks out books from the library on dinosaurs and watches the Dinosaur Train on PBS every morning. Maybe she’ll grow up to be a paleontologist.
| The four kiddos in front of the dinosaurs |
| 3 kiddos in front of Manny (Ice Age) |
| ha ha! maybe she thought he was going to eat her! |
the five of us |
| inside the teepee |
| Indian exhibit |
"Look Mom!" |
| These "rocks" are awesome! |
| These ones glow in the dark! |
| Diggin' in the dirt |
| Lookin for bones |
| you can't see them, but there was an alligator and a turtle |
Madison goes to her dad’s house every other weekend. Even though I miss her when she’s away, it gives me a chance to have some one-on-one time with Makenna.
![]() |
| my little mini-me :) |
And here are just some random pictures taken throughout the month.
I love my crazy sister!
Girls taking a bath together.
Madison singing in the car with a roll of pennies as her microphone.
Makenna Rae in her toy Santa brought her.
January was such a busy month. I think I was at the doctor at least once a week every week in the month. We traveled up North twice and it was great to see the family. Things have seemed to slow down and for that I am grateful.
Well, more to come in February…
hopefully no more of this though (Ice Age Utah)

















No comments:
Post a Comment