Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Madison turned one yesterday!

I'm new to blogging, but I thought today would be a great day to start!

My baby girl turned a year old yesterday. I cannot believe it. It seems like just yesterday...

She loves babies, so today I took her to the nursery at the hospital. Although there weren't any babies in the nursery, we saw pictures hanging on the walls. She pointed, smiled, and said "baby" at each one. We didn't go to the hospital just to see the babies though. She had to get blood drawn for her one year check up. She cried and cried. I almost did too, but I was too preoccupied with not getting blood all over myself. She is a bleeder! She also had a doctors appointment this morning. Her doctor is a little concerned because her weight is a little low. Today she weighed in at 16 lbs 14 oz. She's so tiny! So she started on a multi-vitamin with iron and fluoride today. It smells nasty. I feel bad giving something so horrid to her. But I know it will help her. The doctor also wants her to start sleeping in her crib and not my bed anymore. That makes me sad. I love her company. But he said that the sooner I make the transition, the easier it will be. He also said she is no longer a baby, but a small child and I need to keep that in mind when I make decisions about her.

Her birthday yesterday was so much fun. I threw her a little party that she seemed to really enjoy. I will have to post pictures later when I can pull them off my camera. We had a lot of people come over! My grandparents came from Spanish Fork, Madie's dad was there, I had a few cousins and an aunt, Madie's good friend Kaylee and my good friend Mandie were all there, plus all of Madie's aunts and uncles, and my mom too. It was so much fun! She had a great time opening gifts all by herself. That should make Christmas really fun, now that she knows how to unwrap the boxes with the pretty paper and that there are cool things inside. She also had fun with her cake. She was very "proper" about eating it and insisting on using a fork. She was very entertaining. Later, after the party was over, I took her out to dinner. We were much too full on cake, ice cream, and lots of food from the party, so we just shared a milk shake and fries. It will be a memory I will share with her that I will never forget.

I love my little girl so much! I also want to say thanks to all those who made this past year with her special! We both love you all so much.


Madison eating her birthday cake...

She liked it a lot!

No comments: