I had to take my little sweetie to the doctor again today. We went last Thursday because she was feeling sick. It really started when Madison brought me the ear drops, pointed to her right ear, and said, "Ear." So I assumed her ear hurt and she had another ear infection. But at her appointment last week the doc said she just had a little cold. I was to give her a little cough medicine and Tylenol.
Well, each day, she has seemed to get worse. Last night, she was coughing so bad. She was running a fever, so I gave her some Tylenol and a popscicle (which always makes her happy). Then I gave her a bath. Within minutes, she was shaking and BLUE. I pulled her out, got her jammies on and into bed. So today I decided she better see the doctor again. Before the appointment, I had given her some Tylenol. Yet when the doctor took her temp, she had a fever. Madison did not want the doctor to touch or come close to her right ear, so the doctor was convinced she had an ear infection. When she was finally able to see into it, she said there was no infection, which neither of us were expecting. Her throat was really red, but her lungs were clear even though her cough was horrible. (She had also lost 2 oz, which is normally not a big deal, but she is is so underweight that it is a big deal).
So the doctor concluded that she has a really severe sinus infection, causing pain in her ears, a fever, and all the drainage is irritating her throat and causing her cough, which is also irritating her throat. She also has really tiny sinuses so that makes it even worse. But she is now on a strong cough medicine and a strong antibiotic. Doc said she should start to feel better this weekend. Madie and I are both looking forward to that!!!!
Well, to help her feel better, I decided to go to the gas station and get Madison an ICEE. I thought the cold would help her throat. She really loves Icees and will usually chant "juice, juice, juice" when we pull into the parking lot of the gas station. Well, today, as I pull into the parking lot, she started saying, "icee, icee, icee." It was so cute and totally caught me off guard (it was a first)! As I was paying for it, she told the cashier, "My icee" and then told her "thank you". I am just amazed at how fast she is growing. It is bittersweet. I love to see her do/say new things, but it also means she isn't a baby anymore.
I need to post pictures, and I promise I will. But with her being sick, me planning a bridal shower, work (we won carbon county chamber of commerce "business of the month" so I had to go to a luncheon and accept the award, and its inventory time so I've been overwhelmed and busy), and I have a to-do list four miles long (when I actually have time to work on "the list", I am just too tired to do anything so it just gets longer). So I just haven't had the time! Maybe I will catch her on video the next time we pull into the Maverik parking lot and I'll post that for y'all =)
1 comment:
Poor girl, I hope she gets feeling better.
Post a Comment