We left at 4 a.m. on Tuesday morning. Jake and Madie still in jammies, a little sleepy, but on the road...

I tried to stay awake, but wasn't very successful. So I don't have any other pictures on the road.
We stayed at the Excaliber. Here are pictures of our hotel.
Two random Excaliber signs.

I rule. They told me so.

I took this from across the street.

I took this while in the pool.

And this one from the parking lot.

This is the view from our room (daylight).

Madie and Melissa checking it out.
View from the room at night.
Didn't get many pictures from inside the room. I didn't spend much time there. So, enough with the pics of the hotel...
After checking into the hotel, everyone took a little nap. Then Madie and I headed for "The Strip."
After checking into the hotel, everyone took a little nap. Then Madie and I headed for "The Strip."
Us at MGM Grand fountains.

Melissa, Amanda, Madison, Jacob.

Madison and the Green M&M.

Mommy and the Yellow M&M.

Same place.

We saw an aquarium. Madie loved it.

We watched the fountains at The Belagio.

And this is the big lion at MGM Grand.

Melissa, Amanda, Madison, Jacob.

Madison and the Green M&M.

Mommy and the Yellow M&M.
We saw this guy (it was a REAL guy). He was so cool to watch. He waved at Madison. It looked so fake. But it was real.
We saw real flamingos.
We saw real flamingos.

Same place.

We saw an aquarium. Madie loved it.
A video of Madison at the aquarium. Its hard to hear though. But she loved the fishies.
I think this one was at The Mirage.
I think this one was at The Mirage.

We watched the fountains at The Belagio.

I took this standing below the Statue of Liberty at New York New York.

Madie was out by the time we got back to our hotel (we had walked from The Excaliber to Treasure Island and back).


Kara, Wendy, Melanie, Dad, Marianne, Nina, Kyle, Brian, Clinton.

I had been praying for an answer. When I looked up, this is what I saw. Believe it or not, it helped answer my prayer.


Madie wanted the camera.

Melanie is a dork.


Madie was out by the time we got back to our hotel (we had walked from The Excaliber to Treasure Island and back).

Wednesday, July 8, 2009 (wedding day)
I was able to be there for Jeni and Jordan's sealing. It was very neat and I feel honored to share that special occasion with her.
Out of respect to the newly-weds, I will not post any pictures of the Bride or Groom (she has asked me not to). I will post only a few pictures of the family at the temple.
Waiting for Mr. and Mrs. Burrows to come out of the temple.
Madie with my flowers.

Kara, Wendy, Melanie, Dad, Marianne, Nina, Kyle, Brian, Clinton.
More of the group. Just waiting.
Madie went and knocked on the doors of the temple. Hopefully she'll be that excited to go in when she is older.
Just wandering around. (more like "dancing" around)
It was a little windy. But with 117*F heat, the wind kinda helped!
Another group picture. Dad, Clinton, Marianne, Kyle, Suzie, Mom.

I had been praying for an answer. When I looked up, this is what I saw. Believe it or not, it helped answer my prayer.

After the temple, we went to lunch at Boulder Station.
Just Married!
(this is the only picture I will post of the new Mr & Mrs.
And, no, that is not her wedding dress.)
Grandpa helping Madison put her flip flop back on.

Madie wanted the camera.

Melanie is a dork.
Just me (and Jeni's new mother and father in laws)

Ready to go out Wednesday night.

Upstairs at MGM Grand. Its hard to see, but the thing behind us was so cool!

Madison was terrified of the M&M. And I thought it was hilarious.


Even though it was hot out, Madie was so cold from the temp of the water.

After the pool, we went for a ride to see the Chocolate Factory and the Cactus Gardens.
Madie was worn out from swimming.

Headed to the Chocolate Factory.

This was one T-A-L-L cactus.

I set the timer and told Jake to hurry. He didn't make it.

These were funny shaped.


Madie getting a drink.

Sitting at a red light.

We saw a lion. Its about in the center of the picture.

Then we walked underneath it.


Inside The Luxor.

We rode thise "moving walkways" between hotels. Madison was fascinated.

This sign was hilarious!

Awe. at the pro bass shop.

This was a freshwater aquarium. Madie was scared. I don't blame her. Those fish were huge.

See? Huge! I know its hard to see because of the reflection, but that fish was bigger than my head.

Upstairs at MGM Grand. Its hard to see, but the thing behind us was so cool!

Madison was terrified of the M&M. And I thought it was hilarious.

We didn't stay out much that night. We were exhausted.
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Madie and I woke up and went swimming. It was hot and bright. But the water was nice and cold.

Even though it was hot out, Madie was so cold from the temp of the water.

After the pool, we went for a ride to see the Chocolate Factory and the Cactus Gardens.
Madie was worn out from swimming.

Headed to the Chocolate Factory.
You would think M&Ms were the theme of our trip (we are being M&Ms for Halloween, me the yellow, Madie green).
Us at Ethel M. Chocolates. They gave us samples. Madie loved it. Its all over her face.

Then we went to the Cactus Gardens.

Then we went to the Cactus Gardens.

This was one T-A-L-L cactus.

I set the timer and told Jake to hurry. He didn't make it.

These were funny shaped.

A purple cactus.

Madie getting a drink.

Sitting at a red light.

We saw a lion. Its about in the center of the picture.

Then we walked underneath it.
Scar.

Simba.
Rhino.

Madie was so scared of this penguin. (Christmas will be fun this year. I'm sure she's just going to love Santa. Not.)

Madie was so scared of this penguin. (Christmas will be fun this year. I'm sure she's just going to love Santa. Not.)

Inside The Luxor.

We rode thise "moving walkways" between hotels. Madison was fascinated.

This sign was hilarious!

Awe. at the pro bass shop.

This was a freshwater aquarium. Madie was scared. I don't blame her. Those fish were huge.

See? Huge! I know its hard to see because of the reflection, but that fish was bigger than my head.
And this is the salt water aquarium.
I don't know anyone in this picture, but I just wanted to show you how big it is (but its even bigger than it looks).
Madie and I in front of the fishies.







































2 comments:
yay! Looks like you guys had a great time!
Looks like a fun trip. Looks like you did a lot of fun things.
Post a Comment