(this is a little long, but its because I plan on printing it out and sticking it in her book)
-Madison turned 20 months old yesterday!!! So I wanted to give a little update on my little Princess...
She weighs 19 pounds 6 ounces and she is 32 inches tall. We have problems with finding clothes that will fit. Most of her pants are size 18 months, but they are too big around the waist. However if we go with 12 months, they fit great around the waist, but are too short. Luckily it is getting warmer out and she will be wearing most of her shorts from last year (9-12 months). She loves to wear dresses and skirts. Most of her shirts are 12 months, unless they are long sleeved, then they are 18 months for the longer sleeves. She is just tall and skinny. Her doctor said if her growth pattern continues, she will be 5'6" and 105 lbs (lucky girl!).
Her hair is growing so fast and is pretty long. When it is wet it goes about two inches below her shoulders. But she has a little curl in the back that makes it look shorter when it dries. I can now put it all up in a pony tail.
Her vocabulary has advanced so much! Sometimes I am the only one who can understand her, but she does communicate well!
*she loves to push her "baby" in her "shroller" (or stroller)
*she loves food: "juice" (anything in a cup) "cereal", "pop-pop" (popscicle), "pop-ca" (popcorn), "cookie" and "cracker"
*she knows people around her: "mommy", "momma", or "mom" (makes me smile every time!), grandma sounds really close to "momma" (but its more like "amama", only sometimes you can't here the "a" and I get confused, like she thinks she has two moms), "jakie" "melmel" "ky" "dadda" "jen" etc
*she loves to go "bye bye" in the "car" with the "keys" (sounds more like "bye bye...car...keys... brmmm, brmmmm")
*she is so aware of her surroundings. if we are on the road to Grandma's house, she'll start to say "Jakie...amama...melmel...etc" or sometimes "meow meow meow" until we get there (her kitten is at Grandma's because I am allergic). Or if we pull into work, she'll say "no, no, no, no" which makes me sad. Or if we go to get gas, she says, "juice, juice, juice" because when we get gas, she gets an Icee (and everything in a cup is juice).
*she loves animals: "arf-arf" (also known as puppy) "meow" (kitty) and "bur" (birds, reminds me of Bambi)
*she knows her clothing: shirt, pants, panties, jammies, diaper, socks, shoes, jacket (and where they are located in her room. like if I say go get your jammies, she will go to the bottom drawer of the dresser)
*she loves to "pay" (play) and will say so any time she sees a park or school
*she loves "flowers" (sounds a lot like "flowey" and sometimes says "pretty flowey" like Bambi again)
*she has manners, she says "peas" (please) when she wants something and "dank you" (thank you) when she gets it, and if you ask her to say "love you" it is also "dank you"
*she knows "hi" and "bye" and will wave to both when you are/she is coming/going and won't stop until you acknowledge her
*she loves to "cola" (color) and is left handed
*every time we go to the bank, she begs for a "sucker" (we go several times a week)
*she knows the difference between yes and no, and is so good at voicing both (especially "no no no no")
*she can tell you and point to most of her body parts (hair, head, ear, eye, nose, mouth, teeth, arm, hand, belly, leg, foot) lately she's been pulling up everyone's shirt to show them their belly (i think she thinks the belly button is the belly)
*she often gets into my make-up (or vascalen or even lotion)` and puts it on, then tells me she is "pretty". she also tries to shave her legs and tells me she is pretty.
*she has a "ball" and she loves to kick and throw it. Next to "baby" it is one of her favorite toys. She also has a toy car. She'll sit it in and say "brmmm, brmmm". Silly girl!
*about a month ago she started to say "Tin-te-bell" (tinkerbell) but now you can't get her to say that anymore. She got lazy and will only say "Bell". Luckily I was able to record it.
She is not shy at all. Whenever she sees young kids, she is very friendly and verbal trying to become friends. She is really good at sharing her toys, sometimes to the point where she insists on sharing with others (which is a good thing!). She loves to go down the slide and climb the ladder. She loves to dig in the dirt. She loves to dance.
She is currently at my feet saying "arf arf arf arf." This is her way of telling me she wants to go outside to see the puppies.
Sometimes I think she is too smart for me to handle. It amazes me how much she watches me and copies things I do. One example: she likes these juice bars (they are like otterpops, but are cardboard instead of plastic and are juice). Usually she will take a few bites and then she hands it to me so I can cut a few more inches off. We repeat this until she hits the bottom. Well, today, I caught her with the scissors trying to cut one (scary, I know). First, how in the heck did she get into the freezer??? And where did she find the scissors??? And how did she not hurt herself??? Well, the scissors were on the counter. She climbed on a chair and got them (I found this out when I took them from her and put them back, then watched her climb up there to get them again). I suppose she must have pulled pretty hard to get the freezer open because no one else did it for her, and there is no other explaination for how she ended up with a juice bar. My daughter is a genious and I'm not sure I can handle it. I can't even babyproof well enough to keep her out of things.
She is very loving and loves to cuddle, except when she is asleep. When she is sleeping, she has to have her space. But there have been nights, when she is in a deep sleep, that I have been able to cuddle for a few minutes. She'll give lots of kisses, and you don't even have to ask.
She is quite the joy! I love her so much. Its hard to believe that in four months she will be 2!!
2 comments:
she is getting SO BIG!!! =]
i can't believe how on the ball she is. parker has yet to really talk. i mean he kinda does some of the same things but not totally.
and he NEEDS to learn to go potty in the big boy potty. lol.
madison could teach him a lot. well if he doesnt claw at her first.
awww , how sweet , she will treasure this forever you know , she is a sweetheart and you are such a good mommy , I love you both so much
Post a Comment