Wednesday, May 20, 2009

blogging break

Have you missed me?

I decided not to post a weekly blog about last week for a few reasons:

1) I needed a much needed break from blogging, myspace, and facebook. Way too much drama!
2) I've been much too busy
3) Blogging really does take up a lot of time (writing, deciding on pictures and then uploading them)
4) I don't even know that there are people really reading my blogs. I get a few comments here and there, but if I didn't blog, would I be missed?
5) I've invested my time into becoming more "spiritually mature" since I am going through the temple next month.
6) I've decided instead of posting so much for the world, I'd rather keep it in a personal handwritten journal that I can give to Madison someday (since most of what I post is about her anyway)
7) Something happened to a friend recently where I realized that way too much personal stuff is being put online for anyone to read (that scares me, I might make my blog private but I know that means some people like my grandparents won't be able to read).


Well, I am looking for feedback. Leave me a comment if you read my blog, let me know that you do read them weekly and perhaps I will keep it up. I don't know...

suggestions are welcome! :)

6 comments:

Tam said...

I will tell you what I think in person. Love you....

Holly Steffen said...

i know what you mean. and it is a fine line..... there are a lot of people that read mine that i don't know they do. so i'm pretty cautious about what i put. it does suck though when you are so excited that you post something and then you go to tell the person in real life and they are like 'i know. i read your blog'.

i would miss your blog. its so much easier to see what people are up to then emailing them back and forth.

whatever you do- i respect the decision. <3

Darrell and Brianne Bennett said...

I understand what you mean about putting some personal stuff on. i definatly don't put alot of stuff on here just because I don't want the whole world to know. I love reading your blog and seeing what Madison has been up to and you and how big she is getting! I also enjoyed watching you go through losing weight and it made me really jealous I couldn't do it with you. Either way it is your choice and decision. Its just a fun way to keep up with people and what they are doing in their lives. I have heard about people printing off their entries and putting them in a journal. Maybe that would help with that? Whatever your decision I will respect it. I hope all is going well!

The Johnsons said...

I read your blog! I understand private thing. I don't because I know grandma and grandpa read and couldn't if it was private. That is why I am just very careful about what I say. Keep blogging please!

Syd said...

Okay well I don't know everything going on in your life I'm just going to give you back what you gave me. :)

Hey! I totally agree with you and thought about posting a "who really reads my blog?" but never got around to it. I LOVE blogging and am addicted. I've been called a "blog snob" but don't care. A year ago I suffered from depression, mainly from not having anyone to talk to or "vent" to. Now that I am blogging, I feel like I have that outlet and don't keep things bottled inside. I would still blog, even if no one ever read it. I do have a private blog that no one has access to but myself for those blogs that I really do need to let out some frustration. Like you, it is more of an online public journal. I do have a tracker at the bottom of my blog that tracks who visits mine, but it only works if they are logged onto theirs (if they just type in my blog addy, it doesn't know who is viewing it). My grandparents are trying to get everyone in the family to do it because they like to know how/what everyone is doing, but there are so many of us that it is hard for them to talk to everyone. They love pictures and videos, so I don't mind posting a lot for them. So anyway, keep blogging. I love reading yours. I try to comment, but am usually reading while doing a few other things and forget. I also try not to copy others but with our kids the same age and going through the same phases, that can be hard. I don't blog to compete or outdo others. I think its just fun (and addicted) to share.


If there's drama try only having a blog instead of all 3. Could you not get your Grandparents and email and make your blog private? I mean, they must have internet if they're looking right?

Holly Steffen said...

what did you decide?