Monday, July 27, 2009

:May::June::July:

Well, I've decided I want to start blogging again. I've really missed it. I'm just going to be selective in what I post.
So, I'll start off by giving a little update. I quit regularly blogging mid-May. Its hard to remember what has happened the past two months, but I sure have been busy. I think the only thing I didn't blog about in May was the fact that my brother graduated!!!
It also marked the end of the 20 week weight loss contest. I officially lost 26.4 lbs and was very proud of myself.
I don't even remember much of June. It came and went rather quickly. I had been getting severe headaches a few times per week and became extremely tired. Throughout the month of June, I gained back 10 lbs. You might say this was in response to the contest ending and me going back to my old ways. But I didn't. I knew something was wrong, so I went to the doctor. She ran some tests and found out my thyroid doesn't work. Now I take a pill every day. I've also started to lose weight again. Not much, but at least the scale is going in the right direction ;)
On June 24th, my sister and I took out our endowments at the Mt. Timp temple. It was such a wonderful experience and I am grateful to everyone who was there to support us.


The week after going through the temple, Jeni and I went to Orem to buy our temple clothes. Melanie and Melissa also came so we could do some last minute wedding shopping. It was fun to have a girls day with my sisters and daughter. That is when the first picture on this blog was taken. I didn't think of it then, but should have gotten a picture with my sisters. I was extremely stressed out that day, but still had a great time.

July has been extremely busy! Madie and I had a pretty good 4th.
We spent the day just hanging out together.
That night we did fireworks with Brian. Here is her reaction to them:
(well, I tried to put a video here, but it wouldn't upload, so I'll try again later)
I posted previously about our Vegas trip/Jeni's wedding. The weekend we got back from Vegas, I had to go to work and do inventory. Why they do it twice a year makes no sense to me, but I'm just glad it is over until Nov/Dec. The following weekend we had Jeni's reception. I know it wasn't my wedding, but I sure was busy helping her decorate. It turned out really nice and my sister made such a beautful bride.
Then this past weekend, I did absolutely nothing. And it was so nice! Actually I stayed home and took care of my sick daughter. Friday she broke out into a rash and had a fever with diarrhea. It continued Saturday but she started throwing up. Yesterday, she had a rash and fever, refused to eat, and was just onory. So this morning I took her into the doctor. She has the stomach flu. She has also lost 1/2 pound since her last appointment (which I think was early June). I swear, she'll never hit 20 pounds! Her being sick was really bad timing because I had planned on going to SLC to do a session in the Salt Lake temple this morning and then had reservations for the Oquirrh Mountain temple open house at 12:30. I also woke up with the worst headache I think I've ever had. My mom and I talked about doing a session next Monday in Provo because it is the anniversary date that she took out her endowments in Provo. So, if anyone reading this would like to go with us, we plan on going Monday, August 3 (sorry Cass, I know its your anniversary) probably like 9:20 (they do sessions every 20 minutes from 7 am to 10 am). By then they will no longer be doing the Open House, so we won't be able to go =(

Anyway, this weekend is International Days. Which means Saturday morning is the 5K run. I plan on doing it. But I haven't had time to train for it at all. I don't think I've run at all in over two months. So come race day, I'm going to run 3.125 miles completely out of shape. But I am still going to try to beat last years time (40 minutes). Well, I think that brings you up to date. Hopefully I'll be able to make time to stop in more often to blog!




3 comments:

Holly Steffen said...

i love the new layout! and woohoo for blogging!!! :) welcome back.

so, you'll have to email me, i'm confused if you went to the temple or not. lol!!

The Johnsons said...

You have been busy! Glad to see your coming back to blogging.

Anonymous said...

ah , your new layout it really cute , you guys have been so busy ,it seems like summer is just flying by , hope that you are feeling better and that Madie is too , love ya