Sunday, August 2, 2009

sick days

Last week I was sick. I posted on Monday about how I woke up with "the worst headache I've ever had". I tried a handful of different pills (not all at once), nothing helped. This bad headache persisted on Monday night and when I woke up Tuesday, it was worse. It was so bad, I was nauseated. I decided to go to the ER. Melanie drove me there (I was in way too much pain to drive myself). The whole way to the hospital, I threw up out her car window (and all down the side of her car). I got to the ER and they gave me a shot for pain and another one to stop the throwing up. Neither worked. After another 15 minutes of constant throwing up (mostly dry heaves), they gave me another shot. Whatever that was, it knocked me out. They did some blood work and a CT scan. They said I just had a flu that was going around and the headache (and backache I had also been having) were symptoms and that I'd pretty much just have to wait for my body to fight it off. I called Melanie and she drove me home. My mom and Melanie watched Madie on Tuesday and Wednesday because I could do nothing but stay in bed (she was with me at night though). I finally felt better when I woke up on Thursday morning.

I am really grateful to both my mom and Melanie for taking care of Madison when I couldn't. I seriously don't know what I would have done.

On Monday night, I was laying in bed crying "It hurts... it hurts... it hurts". Madie crawled up on the bed, put her arms around me and said, "Don't cry" as she wiped my tears. My daughter is so sympathetic and caring. It makes me smile. I love her so much and am so proud of her.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Oh how sweet is she?!?! What a perfect little angel! I'm glad you're feeling better!

The Johnsons said...

I'm sorry you were sick, but glad to see your doing better. Way to go on your run!