Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Little Things

So I babysat Melissa and Jake today. Since the weather is getting cooler and I rarely get to spend time with them, I wanted to do something fun. So we ran to Subway and got some food and headed up Price Canyon. I brought along some ziplock bags for the kids to gather some leaves in. The weather was perfect... until 2 minutes after we parked and started eating. Then it rained. But the kids still wanted to gather leaves. Jake even insisted on eating outside, in the rain, on HIS rock...

...while us girls ate in the car...

...okay, so him eating outside only lasted a few minutes...

Madison had pizza while everyone else had subs.
Mommy and Madison

Me and Melissa

Me and Jacob

Then we gathered leaves. It was so fun to watch the kids get so excited when they saw some pretty ones!

Jacob took his time looking for the "best ones"

Melissa, on the other hand, grabbed the first few she could, and ran back to the car. It was hard to get a good picture of her
Me with the kids (well, minus Madison)

After we got our leaves, the kids wanted to show them to mom. So we stopped by Parkdale to show them off.

Me and Jeni

Me and my mommy

Me and Melissa



THE END









1 comment:

Traci Udink said...

I remember going up Price canyon when we were little with Grandma & Grandpa to collect leaves in the fall. I can't remember if you were there, you guys had to have been pretty little, but we would gather tons of them. Grandma loved them, and Grandpa would load branches of them into the back of the truck. Grandpa would "create" with them. :)