Friday, June 4, 2010

a few last words before my ultrasound Monday

Today marks halfway!!! I'm 20 weeks today. That means, I have 119-140 days left!
I'll try to get a belly picture posted this weekend. But no promises :)

Monday's the big day! I can't wait to see my baby and hopefully find out if I'm having a baby boy or a baby girl. So I wanted to say a few last words before Monday.

My prediction is that the baby is a boy. I've had that feeling all along. I had a feeling Madison was a girl, so I'm curious to see if I'm right again!!!

To be honest, I'm on the fence and haven't decided if I want a boy or a girl. I really just want a healthy baby. Here are a few reasons I'd be happy with each.
Girl: I would be all set with her wardrobe! I saved every outfit of Madison's and they will both be born in October. I can already imagine matching outfits and matching hairbows. I think it would be really cool for Madison to have a little sister (and hopefully best friend) to play dolls with. And I won't have to buy any new toys (Madison has enough dolls for every little girl in the county to have one). The only thing I would dread is two teenage girls with PMS, fighting over the bathroom.
Boy: I would have one of each. I would "get" to go shopping for his new wardrobe because, to be honest, I don't have any boy clothes (maybe a few gender neutral newborn stuff). Madison would have a brother to protect her (and hey, Kyle and I are like best friends, so hopefully he'd follow in our footsteps). Little boys are always Momma's Boys (and even when they are older). I wouldn't really have to deal with "Thats mine" because it would be more clear what toys, clothes, etc belong to which kid.
There are plenty of more reasons, but those are just a few. I guess you could say I'm maybe hoping 51% for a girl and 49% for a boy. I won't be disappointed either way!

I have a few names picked out, but don't feel 100% on any one name. However, his middle name will be Ray or her middle name will be Rae (after my dad). Don't bash my names if you don't like them, but here they are:
Girl: McKenna Rae (Holly B: I know it sounds a lot like Moo's name, but I swear I'm not name stealing. I just like it)
Boy: I really don't have a boys name. Maybe Kason Ray or Mason Ray. I really like "McCoy" but that doesn't go well with Ray. I was never good with boy names. When I was pregnant with Madison, by the time I was eight weeks, I had her name picked out but not one clue for a boy.

Anyway, if anyone else wants to post a guess here before Monday, feel free. For the record, my mom also thinks the baby is a boy.

No comments: