Friday, October 29, 2010

doctor visits for the girls
















Madison went in for her three year check up.  She weighs 25 pounds and is 36 inches (she's three feet).  Developmentally she's right on track.  The only thing she couldn't do for the doctor was walk on her tip toes- but she did that as soon as we got home.  Doctor says she looks great!  She's petite, but healthy. 

Makenna had her two week check up.  At 17 days old, she had gained 14 ounces.  She went from 7 lbs 5 oz at birth to 8 lbs 3 oz.  She didn't grow any height-wise.  She was still 20 inches tall.  Her doctor said she's growing perfect.  He did find a click in her left hip.  She is scheduled for an x-ray next week.  He said she might have to have surgery to fix it (if there is anything wrong), but its highly unlikely and its more of a precaution so she doesn't have to have hip replacements when she's older.  I'm not worried and I don't think they'll find anything on the x-ray.  He also gave her a prescription for an eye drop for her closed tear duct she's had since she was born.  She's used it for two days and it seems to be clearing up already.

Makenna is so much different than Madison!  She really is a perfect baby.  Not that Madison wasn't perfect, she was just difficult.  Madison would never eat- I'd have to set an alarm and force her to eat.  Makenna loves to eat and eats so well.  Right after she was born, she latched on without a problem.  Both of my girls have only been fed breastmilk.  Madison, however, would never take a bottle- not that she needed to because I didn't work.  Makenna, on the other hand, will take the breast or bottle- she doesn't care.  Madison didn't like to sleep- ever.  She still doesn't.  Makenna sleeps great through the night- usually only up twice to eat.  she's been awake for longer periods during the day.  She's such a joy to have.  I love both my girls so much and am grateful that I get to be their mom. 

1 comment:

Holly said...

So glad that Kenna is such a good baby for you! The adjustment from one to two is a bit weird, but I'm glad that your girls are making it easy on their mommy!