Well, my poor little girl is sick again! She started throwing up and had diarrhea pretty bad. Then she started running a fever (102-103*). It was the weekend, so I tried to just give her tylenol and motrin (and even a little loritab when that didn't work). I really tried to wait until Monday to take her in. At 4 am this morning, her fever spiked to 105.7*F and so I took her straight to the ER.
She has a stomach bug, ear infections, and thrush! And she has lost 4 oz since her last appointment. She got up to 16 lbs 14 oz at her one year check up and today she was 16 lbs 7 oz (so really she has lost 7 oz, but she got sick with strep and lost 3 oz). So she had a shot of Rocephin (antibiotic) and was put on Nystatin (for thrush). She is really sick! Even Loritab isn't helping her feel better.
She has an appointment with her pediatrician tomorrow. I plan on talking to him about getting tubes put in her ears again. She had them put in when she was four months old (Feb) but they have fallen out. Since September, she has had 3 (that I can remember, possibly more) ear infections and they have all been really bad. I will update then after our appointment tomorrow.
2 comments:
That poor girl, sure has been sick a lot. I hope she gets feeling better soon!
Poor Maddie! I'm so sorry. You're such a great mommy! You've been handed a big plate that's chuck full and you've handled all of your trials so well! Keep your head up and things will work out for the best!
Post a Comment