
Her "cheese" face (she really says cheese)

She's learning to wink!

Madison turned 22 months last week! Time is just flying. I can't believe she will be two in less than two months. She had another growth check at the doctor (we do this every couple months because she is so underweight). The doctor walked in the room and immediately commented on how she looks chubbier (he did this without even looking at her chart so he didn't know if she had gained any weight). But she has actually gained weight and FINALLY hit 20 pounds. We joked about how most kids hit that by their first b-day and we wondered if she would hit it before her second. She is also 32 inches tall. So he did an exam to check her all out and he said she looks the best he has ever seen her! So that was very good news! There is usually something wrong: acid reflux, low iron, hernia, the rash that wouldn't go away, etc. So it was a real relief to have such a great visit.
She is just way too smart. She now speaks in sentences and usually has a tendency to surprise me at least once a day. She is very independent. She thinks she needs to be potty trained and insists on doing it herself. She probably changes her clothes at least ten times a day (not because they are wet, just because she can).
Some of the things she will say...
"I want a ________" and that will be anything from a nana (which is a sandwich) to a shower or a bath (she knows the difference and will tell you which one she wants) to a cup (which she will take to the fridge and get water out of the dispenser).
"I go potty in potty chair"
"I need diaper"
She says "thank you" "please" and "sorry" and I'm working on teaching her "you're welcome"
The other day we were driving down the road and she kept saying "Happy-uh". I didn't understand her until later when I found out my brother had taken her for a happy meal that day and she obviously liked it and was asking for another.
"help me" is one I hear a lot. Some of the things she asks "help" for she really needs help with (like peeling an orange or getting into the bathtub). Other things, like picking up her toys, she still asks for help even though she can do it on her own.
And her newest thing, she'll walk up to someone, put her fists in the air and say, "wanna fight?" I think my brother Brian taught her that. She doesn't actually hit though. Its "tute" (cute) as she would say.
I could go on all day about how cute she is and all the silly little things she does/says. But those are a few of her newest things and a little update on her growth. I love her so much and I'm so lucky to be her mommy!
This was last Thursay. We went to a fundraiser at the park. She went swimming with her friend from Nursery. It was windy that day, so she really didn't want to be in the water. So she played in the bounce house and loved it, swim suit and all!

Today is also my mom's birthday, so I wanted to say Happy Birthday Mom!!! I love you!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment