
This week, I misplaced my camera. So I don't have many pictures. The one above was taken after church on Sunday (it was taken with my cell phone, so it isn't the best quality). Madie was grumpy because we have church from 11:30-2:30, during both naptime and lunchtime. We both wore lavender and I think Madie looked so pretty. This is her dress she is supposed to wear in Vegas for Jeni's wedding. I think I might look for another one because this one will probably be really hot for her.
Every Tuesday we do the same thing. My mom takes Madie for the day (for Grandma time and Madie gets to play with Jake). I work until 6:30ish, then we all meet at my house for Biggest Loser. Next week is the finale. What are we going to do on Tuesday nights after next week??? Well last week, during the show, the kiddos painted. Melissa had a pony, Jake had a car, and Madie and I had puppies. Here are some pictures.
Madison: (she wouldn't look up, she was too busy)
Here they are finished:
(from left to right; mine, Madison's, Melissa's Jacob's)

That night, I took a picture of her arm. Poor girl!

That night, I took a picture of her arm. Poor girl!
and here's what it looks like tonight.
she has another dr appointment on the 11th.
From that point on, I could not find my camera until just now. So, no more pictures. Sorry.
Now lets see if I can remember last week without having pictures to remind me...
Wednesday I had an appointment with the bishop. He scheduled me for another interview with him and the stake president on May 12 when I will (hopefully) get my recommend. One week today!
Thursday I had another bad headache. I came home from work, fed Madie dinner, gave her a bath, put on a movie, and crawled in bed. We watched Yes Man and by 7:30 we were both asleep.
Friday after work, we came home to an empty house. BORING! So I decided we'd rent a movie and get a pizza (hey, I figure if I eat good 6 days a week, a little pizza won't hurt anything). But I really, really, really wanted to see X-Men/Wolverine. I really didn't want to see it alone. Thats almost as bad as sitting at home on a Friday night. So we really did go to Blockbuster and nothing looked as good. The movie theater was just up the sidewalk with a line already starting to form. I just decided to heck with renting and got in line. (I figured by the time I spent $4 to rent a movie and $5 on pizza, it would cost the same as the movie $7 plus snacks). Great movie and no regrets! I loved it. Madison had fun too. It was quite the experience taking an 18 month old to a movie theater opening night all by yourself. Never again... well for a while at least. And if you happened to be there that night, I really do apologize about the little girl running up and down the isles laughing. I figured it was better than making her sit down and having her scream. If it wouldn't have been such a great movie, I would have left.
Well, Saturday I had yet another headache. So we stayed in and watched more movies. I can't really remember what we watched because we slept off and on. I do remember watching Pete's Dragon (actually starting it like 15 times and never seeing the ending). We checked that one out at the library (renting movies for free is awesome!). So we'll have to check it out again. We had to return it Monday.
Sunday I was fortunate NOT to have a headache, so we were able to go to church. My visiting teacher gave a wonderful lesson on taking refuge from the storm by strengthening your family and home. Madie stayed in nursery all through Relief Society so I was able to hear the whole lesson. I think I was meant to hear that one.
After church, Madie took a nap. After her nap we were going to go on a walk, but it turned into a run. I am training for a 5K the first week of August. I ran the race last year and did it in just under 40 minutes. My goal this year is to beat last years time. When I ran on Sunday, I timed myself and I ran the 5K course in just over 37 minutes while pushing the stroller! It makes me realize how much stronger and more fit I am this year than I was just 9 months ago. I will continue to train, but am now hoping to run the race in under 35 minutes. (Just for the record, a 5K is 3.125 miles, and if you think 37 minutes is a long time, you try it!) After the 5K in August, there is another event in September where you can choose between a 10K (6.2 miles), 1/2 marathon (13 miles) or marathon (26 miles). I'm thinking about doing one!
Monday I woke up SORE. I am still sore and it is Tuesday night. So I woke up at the same time I usually do, realized how much I hurt, took something for pain, and went back to bed. I got up at 12:30 pm. I had lots of errands to do and got up and did them, even though I hurt. I got a new bra for $8! Bargain! It was much needed. My cups are the same size, but I have gone from a 40 to a 36! I also talked to the Aerobics instructor about signing up for classes. She told me I looked great! What a compliment. I don't know about classes. They are not really in my budget right now. I applied for another apartment. I'm actually looking forward to moving. We went Mother's Day shopping and managed to get Mother's Day and Father's Day done in one day! I also made an appointment with the eye doctor. I think my headaches might be related to my eye-sight. It hurts right behind my left eye. At the end of the day, I decided to take Madie to JB's for dinner. She really liked the icecream. Not so much the turkey and potatoes.
Madison's greatest accomplishment this week: she started saying "Thank you". Being her mom and usually being able to tell what she is saying, I figured it out pretty quick. Especially when she said it to the lady at the bank after giving her a sucker. But it made me smile when my mom and sister noticed it today when I wasn't even around. It makes me think that Madison really does watch and listen to what is going on in the world around her. It also makes me want to be the best example I can for her. And it makes me feel very grateful knowing that my daughter, at 18 months, is starting to show manners and gratitude. (And I'm hoping I don't sound prideful)
Well, that was our week. Sorry there aren't many pictures. I love sharing pictures. Maybe I'll have to make up for it next week.
Hope everyone is enjoying May! (did you know Utah had a tornado on Sunday? A tornado... in Utah... in May...)









1 comment:
Sounds like a busy week! Don't worry about not replying to my texts I found the pictures you sent me. I hate paying for shipping too :) I would love to do another bow for you. What kind were thinking about? I'm glad you like the ones so far!
Post a Comment