I never knew how much I could love someone until I became a mom. I've never laughed so hard or worried so much. Being a mom is hard, but it is worth it.
I remember my first mothers day (if you count it) when I was about four months pregnant. My mom lived in Idaho, so I didn't get to see her that day. I spent the day home alone. I laid in bed for hours, with my hands on my barely showing belly and hoped I'd feel her kick. That is all I wanted that day was to feel my baby kick as reassurance that I was going to be her mommy. It took a few hours, because I was just at that stage where I could barely feel movement, but I remember she eventually did kick. I was ecstatic.
Last year on Mother's Day, Madison was 7 months old. My mom had just moved here from Idaho. We had a BBQ and spent the day over at her house. Madie was sitting up, but not yet crawling. I remember a moment we shared sitting on the floor. I just remember thinking about how happy she made me and how grateful I am to her for everything she brings to my life.
This year, my mom is back in Idaho. Madie and I are spending the day together. To her, it is just another day. As I'm typing this, sitting on the couch, she is playing on the floor. She runs up and gives me kisses and then tells me thank you. She makes me smile. The day has just begun for us and I don't know what we'll do. I strive to make every day a special day, so it will be difficult to have an extra-special day.
My daughter truly is my greatest joy. Being a mom has been the most rewarding thing I have ever done. I love her so much. She teaches me new things every day. I love her innocense. She is so kind and caring. As I watch her with her baby dolls, it really melts my heart to see how much she cares for them. She will stroke their cheek, give them kisses, lay them in the stroller or crib, she'll even cradle them in her arms and sing "rock baby". She will make a great mommy someday. Its very rare she goes anywhere without a baby.
I am also very grateful for my mom. She has made me everything that I am. I do believe I am a great mom and I owe it all to her! Thanks mom. I love you.
Happy Mother's Day!
Grandma, Mom, Me, Madison on Madie's blessing day (04/13/08)

1 comment:
Awe Manda. I love you so much and I just want to thank YOU for making ME a mom. You were a true blessing to me and your dad. You were such a cute and fun baby and I love being a mom, wouldn't trade it for anything or anyone. You kids make my life complete. Love ya for ever and ever and a day...
Post a Comment