Tuesday, May 12, 2009

What a week it has been! Not only have I been crazy-busy, but the weather has been so nice. So we've spent a lot of time outside.

So here's our weekly update:
Tuesday we did our typical Tuesday thing (Biggest Loser night).
Wednesday my mom, Jeni, Melanie, myself, and Madie had girls night out. We went and saw "The Ghosts of Girlfriends Past". It was such a good movie. And it was great to get out with the girls. We have decided we'd do that more often. I meant to take pictures, but forgot the camera (which is so unlike me).
Thursday after work, the weather was so nice. Madie and I took a walk to the park. She loves the park and has so much fun. Here are pictures:

I made Madie a PB&J sandwich and she ate as I walked. No time for dinner when you could be playing!
I wanted a picture of us together, but she just wanted down so she could play.
What to do first???

...the slide, of course!!!

And here is a cute little video of her going down the slide. She laughes everytime!

Friday after work we had a movie night. We made homemade pizza. We also had popcorn and rootbeer floats. Don't worry, everything was low-calorie. I made one mini-pizza and split it with Madie. For the popcorn, I had a 100 calorie bag. And the rootbeer floats were 100 calorie cup of icecream with diet rootbeer (yes, I broke that new years resolution). We watched Oliver and Company. Madie actually sat through the entire movie (it had dogs and a kitty in it).

She wears big girl panties to bed because she wakes up dry!

Saturday we stayed at home, cleaned house and relaxed.
Sunday was Mother's Day.
Here is a picture of me and the one who calls me momma:
I love this girl so much! She makes me so happy. I don't know where I'd be without her. She is my world.
Anyway, my mom was in Idaho for Mother's Day. It was pretty hard not being able to see her or make her day special. I love you, Mom. I know you didn't have the best day and I'm sorry. We will spend next Monday together and make it up then.
My dad called to wish me a Happy Mother's Day and invited me over for a BBQ. I felt extremely guilty but wanted to go. So I called my mom to see what she thought of the idea. I didn't want her to feel bad. She said I should go, so I did.
It was so good to see that side of the family. I rarely get out there and always say I will more often, then never do. Thanks for letting me share the day with you.
Here are pictures:
Grandpa and Madie played ball (and with balloons, she liked them both)

Madie and Clinton shared a chair and ate their hotdogs together. It was so cute!

Me and Clinton, my brother (you couldn't tell from the hair color, huh?)
Me and Marianne (and Madie, kinda)
My dad, Madison, and me

Getting ready to go (she didn't want to go, she wanted to play)
It was a long day and both girls slept on the way home



I watched Melissa while my mom was in Idaho. We hung out Sunday and Monday. It was fun, but I'm just used to having Madie around. Having an extra person to take care of (even though she is 8) is tough when you aren't used to it! We did a project on Sunday so that we could spend some time together. We also went over and visited Jeni. She was working on wedding invites so I snapped a picture. She told me to erase it, so I thought I would post it. I'm sure she'll get me back. Sorry Jen, your face is just priceless... "Hey...???"
Monday started off WAY earlier than I am used to. I usually get to sleep in most days, but Monday I had the alarm set for 7 AM. I got Melissa up and off to school. Then came home and watched Dora for a while. Here's a picture of Madison getting ready for the day and scratching the heck out of her arm
.
After Dora and getting dressed, Madison and I set out to do our weekly errands.
We went to the post office, and of course baby had to come. Madie held the mail while we waited in line.

Then she had a doctor's appointment. She is up to 18 lbs 14 oz. Yay, Madie! The doctor also has other concerns about her skin/rash and is sending us to a skin specialist up North. We go on Monday. Here is the picture of her while waiting. She knew where we were, didn't want to be there, grabbed her shorts, didn't even finish putting them on, and ran for the door! It was so funny. (we're supposed to wait for the doctor with her clothes off)

We also went to the bank and picked Melissa up from school. Then the 3 of us went to the library. This is us later that evening:
Thanks Melissa for spending the time with me and for being so good! It was so nice to bond.
Brian (my brother) also came over to visit. He loves to scare Madison.

After dinner, the three of us girls went to the park. Again.
This time Madison really liked the swings (usually its the slide). I think its because Melissa was there with her.
She's so happy
Madie and Mommy swinging together (thanks for taking the pic Melissa)

More sliding

Where'd they go?

And sliding again

Tuesday I had my appointment for my recommend. And got it! Yay! I am so excited. We also watched the Biggest Loser finale. I had a headache and it was making me mad at how long they were dragging it out. And then one of the people we did not want to win ended up winning. Made me so mad! Now that the season is over, Tuesday nights will be free. Its sad that I won't see my mom and sisters once a week as planned, but I'm glad this season is over. Perhaps us girls will have to do something different on Tuesdays (like go to the track!).
So that was our week. Very busy!
Madie turned 19 months old today. I cannot believe it. She's growing up so fast. I will post more about our day today on next weeks update (mostly because I haven't uploaded those pictures and I'm too tired to do that right now). Hope everyone has a great rest of the week!

Oh, this is a video I took of Madison one morning this past week. I was putting on my make-up and she decided to do the same. I was sitting right next to her and didn't realize what she was doing. She is very "pretty". And she loves make-up way too much. She's a girl for sure!

2 comments:

Holly Steffen said...

i cant believe she's potty trained. she needs to come teach parker! =]

WAY TO GO ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS. I NEEEEEEEEEEEED to jump on the bandwagon. I can't even look at myself anymore...

Syd said...

I was SO annoyed that the Biggest Loser and a 3 hour finale!! (Mostly because I was trying to watch Dancing with the Stars Results at the same time!) I didn't want Helen to win either. I was rooting for Mike, he looked amazing! Did you see that Mike and Tara both only lost to Helen by 5 pounds! Looks like you guys had fun, hopefully we'll see you soon. Did you get my picture text of the ribbon color?