Tomorrow morning my baby goes in for surgery. I am so nervous! I know its "routine" and I shouldn't worry. But I am a mother and I will worry!
Madie had tubes put in her ears last February (at 4 months). I was pretty nervous then. At that time, she had anesthesia (through gas, like at the dentist). This time, she will have an IV (that makes two in one week) put in where they will fully knock her out. Along with the tubes, she will also have her adenoids taken out. So, yeah, I am a little nervous. I am expecting a call from the hospital any time now with instructions. I am sure they will be something like "No food/drink after midnight" and then a time to show up at the hospital. Hopefully its early. This will just make another doctor telling Madie she can't eat. Its no wonder she is only 16 pounds. Anyway, I'm sure I'm in for a long night and probably a long day tomorrow. Hopefully its not as bad as I am imagining it will be.
Here are two pictures from last February (2/13/08, 4 months old):
Before surgery (in her hospital gown waiting for the nurse to take her back)
After surgery (but still loopy from anesthesia)


No comments:
Post a Comment