Everyone has been asking how Madison is and how her doctor appointment went. So, I only have a second because I am at work, but I wanted to post a quick update. Madison started throwing up in the night really bad. I can't tell you how many times I changed the bedding, her p.j.s, my p.j.s, etc. For about two hours straight it was every ten minutes AT LEAST. I think she finally wore herself out from crying and throwing up, so she finally got a few hours of sleep around 3:30ish (a.m.). But it started again at 5:30 and lasted until 9, when she was able to get a little more sleep. We went to her appointment at 11. The doctor was pretty concerned. She has lost more weight, putting her at a total weight loss (sounds like the biggest loser) at 10 oz since her birthday (or in two months). He checked her ears and said they were really bad (which I was just told that two days ago by a different doctor). He said there is a big yellow buldge inside her ear (I don't know what that means, but I do know it must hurt). He also said she should have had the surgery yesterday, but will have to wait till Wednesday (there is only one ENT in town). He really doesn't want to have to see her suffer for another week. Anyway, for her ear he gave her a shot of rocephin (another one, she's had three in the past month). As for her throwing up, I am to give her one ounce of pedialyte every hour. If she throws up at all, I am to rush her to the hospital where they will do an x-ray. If it comes back at all abnormal, she will be admitted immediately. If she doesn't throw up, we have another appointment at 1:20 tomorrow afternoon. Now if I could just get her to take the pedialyte...
Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers!
I'll keep ya posted!
2 comments:
Oh Amanda! I'm so sorry. Keep your head up and know you are doing what is best for your little girl. And that Heavenly Father is looking out for both of you.
Wow I'm sorry, poor little girl. Have you thought about trying a doctor up north. I took Paeton to a NET dr in Payson he was highly recommended. He did such a awesome job with Paeton. We haven't had one once of problems since we went to him and he did surgery. Let me know if you want his name.
Post a Comment