Wednesday, December 10, 2008

the word of the day... adenoidectomy

Well, its been a while since I've posted. Madison has been pretty sick. We got into the ENT yesterday. He said her ears were pretty severe. In fact, he wants to do her surgery ASAP. He tried so hard to get it done today, but the hospital wouldn't let him. He already had too many appointments booked. So he was able to get her in next Wednesday. He will be putting in another set of tubes and taking out her adenoids. He said the adenoidectomy will be treated the same as if she were getting her tonsils taken out. She will be very sore and in a lot of pain. The poor girl will have a two week recovery =[ I hope she feels better by Christmas!


Here is a picture of her sleeping. She is always grabbing at her ears, even in her sleep. Its kinda hard to see because it was dark.





I'll keep everyone updated.

2 comments:

Kimmie said...

The poor thing! Hopefully once she gets her surgery over with & recovery, she'll be back to her old self!

Holly said...

Poor little Maddie. And poor you! You're such a good Mommy! Give her a big hug for me and let me know if there is anything I can do for you.