Tuesday, February 24, 2009

make-over crisis... need help!

Last week, my little sister Melanie (age 16), myself, and Madison went to lunch at Subway. Melanie took Madison and sat down while I got our food. As I was ordering, the guy asked me what my daughter would like. Not thinking anything of it, I told him she would just share with me (she eats so little anyway). And he said, "What about the older one?" HUH?!? How old does he think I am? After telling him I was only 24 and that I was 8 when Melanie was born, he told me that he thought Melanie was my daughter and Madison was her daughter. So, he is thinking my daughter is really my grand-daughter?!? How old do I look? I could easily laugh and brush this guy off, but it has really bothered me. And I think its time for a make-over!!! But I've never been good making make-over decisions. So I need help! I'm looking for any suggestions, comments, ideas, things I shouldn't do, etc.

I've ALWAYS had long hair. I remember being six and begging my mom for a hair cut. She told me that guys like girls with long hair. So, I've always kept it long. See...


This is the shortest its EVER been (well, other than as an infant)...







And this has to be my all-time favorite hair-style of myself...



I love the layered look! But it takes so much time to style. And since having the baby, I don't have a lot of time to do much with my hair. So, my long hair is usually pulled back...


Now, whats the point of having long hair, if its always pulled back?


Well, I've always thought I have a fat face. Having long hair makes my face appear longer and not so fat (or so I think). I'm afraid if I go shorter, my face will look rounder. What do you think?


Oh, and changing color is out of the question! I love my red. So, I've decided I want it cut, I just don't know how. I want something that won't take all day to style, thats cute, doesn't make me look older, but yet I don't want to look like I'm 12 either. So, here's what I really like... (opinions, please)

but maybe a little longer???
I wonder how long it would take to style this 'do daily?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

first the guy at subway is an idiot and a freak , anybody with any kind of sense or vision for that matter would never mistake you for Madie's grandma , I dont even think you look like your almost 25 , I bet the picture of the hair style would not be hard at all to do , it looks like you could just blow dry it and it would work , but I really dont know much about style thats just my take on it

Holly said...

Ooooh! Do it!!! You'll love all the layers! If you're worried about roundness in your face layers is actually the way to go. It has a weird slimming effect!

Tam said...

Manda, if you don't like it then you can grow it back out. What was the saying that Gpa Rhodes used to say? "the difference between a bad hair cut and a good one is about 2 months". Well for you maybe a tad longer. Hey, you have to be experimental. It might make you feel good and change is always good if it makes you feel good. Try it and if you don't like it then grow it back out. I think that you will look cute. Call Kristine Gunderson in Spring Glen. She's good. She taught the CEU class and she will help you out.

The Johnsons said...

I think your hair is pretty. I have short hair and I love it I never have known anything else but it does take time to do but I think I feel so much better about myself when I do my hair and I think it looks cute and have makeup on it sure helps my self esteem.I wouldn't cut it as short as mine but be daring chop it off put some layers in and have some fun with it. It will make you a new women, maybe even some pretty blonde highlights. It will always grow back.

Syd said...

Hahaha funny! I have to tell you that my pictures you'll be seeing so are of me with chopped hair! I've always thought I had a fat face too but I gave in and cut. Tally was grabing it and it was always in a pony tail for lack of time so I cut it. I'll make sure you see a picture. I can straighten it curl it under or flip it out with a straightener and in about 10 min or less. VERY EASY!! Oh and my worries about having a fat face....everyone seems to like my short hair better, go figure. If you wanted to give your hair more depth you could streak it it some places. I would get rid of your red either but you could do some light brown or blonde. I think layers would help give you more fullness if that's what you want. If you have a big curling iron the hairstyle on your blog would be a fairly hairstyle to do.