Tonight was my first temple class. At first, I felt really weird and out of place. I was surrounded by young men ready to go on their missions, couples ready to get married, and married couples ready to be sealed. I was the only single person there other than the future missionaries. But then I remembered why I was there. I really learned a lot. I took notes, so I won't really post a lot about it here. I feel like a lot of it is really personal.
As class was dismissing, Bishop and I talked for a minute. He seemed to notice that it bothered me being single. I told him I guess I just hadn't found him yet. And he said, "I testify to you that if you do what the Lord has asked of you, HE will find YOU. The Lord will lead him to you and you'll know." I really needed to hear those words because I have been struggling a lot. It bothers me that I am less than a month away from being 25 and I'm not even dating anyone. I've only gone on a small handful of dates in the past few years. But, as Bishop said, I just need to let him find me.
3 comments:
Amanda, Listen to the Bishop. Things will all turn out for the good. Maybe the Lord knew you needed time to grow and spend time with madi... There is a reason for everything my dear. There is a time for it and when the time is right then it will happen. Thanks for coming by tonight at my work and giving me a hug. I really needed that. With what has happened to me lately and the sadness in my heart, I needed the hug and it made me feel needed again. Amanda, I am proud of you and how you turned out. I guess I was blessed with good kids. He will find you. Patience are for those who wait. I love you dear. MOMMY
sounds like you have a great bishop. i felt the spirit just reading that!!
the temple is for everyone. not just for marrieds or missionaries. =]
i'm thinking about you and praying for your little family. =]
Amanda I'm so happy for you that you are taking this wonderful step in your life. I know you will never for one second regret that you are doing it! It sounds like you have a wonderful bishop who is looking out and praying for you and who is very intune with your needs. Keep in mind that Heavenly Father instructs him as to the needs of the ward he serves and it's pretty obvious that he's directing him to help you! Keep your head up and know that you are very much loved!
Post a Comment