So by 5:00 the dr hadn't called me so I called her. She told me that the urine would take 48 hours to culture and it had only been 35 so we didn't know anything. She was about to hang up, when I was adamant with her that there was something wrong, it was the weekend, and something needed to be done. She asked me, "Why? What is wrong?". I explained to her (as calm as I could even though I was a little peeved at this point and about ready to go to the ER) that its not just her bladder/urinary problems. She didn't sleep at all last night, can't breathe, is coughing, runny nose, is and has been extremely grumpy (even worse than she had been all week) and is pulling at her right ear to the point that the outside of it is bright red. I told her I thought it was an ear infection even though she's had tubes put in. She told me to bring her down right away.
She barely looked into her ear and told me it was red, inflamed, and full of puss. Yup. Its an ear infection. She said she should start something right away. She gave her a shot of rocephin and a prescription. She is also taking Zyrtec. The antibiotic is supposed to take care of her bladder/urinary problem as well as her ear infection. Soon after taking the Zyrtec (about 7:30 pm) she fell right to sleep and has been since (almost four hours). Which means I might actually get some sleep tonight. Yay!
I am supposed to call the doctor Monday morning to see about the urine culture and if she will need an additional antibiotic. Looks like we might finally start to feel better. It only took 5 days. And we might actually feel well for the parade tomorrow. Yipee!
2 comments:
Oh my heart just breaks for the two of you. Poor little lamby. Keep doing what you're doing and everything will be ok.
you two are in my thoughts and prayers. i love the new layout. you both are absolutely beautiful!
Post a Comment