Monday, March 30, 2009

Food, Fun, and Books

I have decided to work on updating my blog once a week and Monday seems to be the best day for me. So here is this weeks update.

Last week was pretty eventful. I was pretty sick, but got through it okay.
Tuesday just another day of work.
Wednesday was Kyle's birthday (my little brother is 24!). I made him a cake and we got him a BBQ. Both he and I had to work that day, so we didn't celebrate much. So, there's no pictures. Sorry. I also met with my group for Family Home Evening that night. I was worried about getting my packets done, but in the end, felt really great about how they ended up.
Thursday and Friday were both sick days. I left work early both days, came home and slept. Friday after work, I literally slept for 18 hours straight and was still so tired! Madison must have been feeling just like me, because she slept too.

I spent the weekend sick as well. I felt a little better on Saturday, but spent Sunday throwing up and with a MAJOR migraine. So glad that is over. It was so windy on Sunday, our fence blew down in the backyard. I didn't go to church because I did not feel well at all. Madie and I stayed in due to the nasty weather and did a project:

Here she is, ready to get started!!!
She painted Tinkerbell and I painted flowers

She chose these colors (below) on her own! She knows what colors Tink is!

She's an artist, just like her Daddy!

Our finished products (below): sorry not the best picture...

Here she is reading her book. She LOVES books!!!

Well, today Madie and I set the alarm and woke up extra early. I got her all ready to go, and as I was getting myself ready to go, she decided to get undressed...


She knows... ("Uh-Oh," she said)

After getting dressed (again), we went to the library for Toddler Time! We met Jake and Grandma there. At Toddler Time, the kiddos read books, eat snacks, color, tell stories, and do crafts. Today they read a story about farm animals, made a lamb for their craft, and ate animal crackers as their snack. Here are some pictures:

Madie making her craft:

Jacob and Madison coloring:

Madie's lamb (craft):

While the kids were busy, I found some good (and helpful) books:
Since I'm always looking for fun things to do with Madison:
And since she is showing all the signs that she's ready to potty train (or "potty learn" as they call it in the book):
After the library, we went to lunch. I chose Pizza Hut because they have a salad bar (and all you can eat pizza for $5.99). Here are pictures of that:

Madie and Jake-y: bestest buds!


Jake eating pizza:

Madie eating her pizza (not a bloody lip, its pizza sauce):
After pizza, we ran lots of errands.
The one I am most excited about...
We made Madison's first Dental check-up today!!! Its for April 13, so it might have to be changed. That is the day we are "supposed" to go dress shopping for Jeni's wedding. But I don't know if the plans have changed yet or not. So, the calendar will be marked for that day whether its for the dentist or dress shopping. It is also Madie's half birthday (18 months). Wow! Its gone by so fast!
Our busy day obviously wore Madie out. By the time I pulled in the drive-way, she was snoring...
I brought her in and put her in bed. I cuddled with her.
My little sleeping beauty...
I really wanted a nap. But I knew if I fell asleep, I wouldn't be able to just sleep for a little bit (I would be out for a few hours) and then I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight. So I just read. After a while, she woke up and decided to read with me...
"The End"

2 comments:

Tam said...

hThanks for the FUN day that we had. I enjoyed lunch and shopping. Can't wait to find out where we're going next monday. Thanks for the
memories love ya

Holly said...

Ah!!! I always love reading your blogs! You're such a good mommy!!! It's very obvious that you've taught her so well!!! Painting...I wouldn't even dare but it looks like you've got her pretty well under control there! Mackaylee would have painted herself and everything but the project!!! Awesome job Mommy!!