Monday, March 23, 2009

I love my baby girl!!! (an update with lots of pictures)

Madison seems to be feeling so much better. She had to go to the hospital last Thursday for more tests. But she is done with the antibiotics and is back to her happy, busy self.

As I was looking for pictures to post, I found this picture of Madie that Jeni took a year ago (the one on the left). I put it next to one I took of her yesterday (on the right). I can't believe how much she has grown! Her toothless grin is not so toothless, but just as cute. She has a lot more hair (although you can't really tell from this picture). And she is more lean (her face, wrists, and thighs don't have as much baby fat). But overall, she really hasn't changed that much:

MY HAPPY LITTLE WATER BABY!

Today was just an ordinary day. But Madie and I love making ordinary days special. We run our errands on Monday, since its the only week-day I have off. So today we went to the bank and post office. Then to the library. Madie loves the library! It is the cutest thing to see her little face light up as we walk in. For a while now, we had been taking our books in a grocery bag. So this weekend, Madie and I made a library bag for her books. She got to use it today too! Here are some pictures:

FINISHED PRODUCT!

SHE LOVES IT!

READING HER BOOK (I know she is a mess, it was right after dinner)

After the library, we went to lunch at Taco Time. I'll tell you, my daughter is the biggest flirt! I'm going to have problems when she's older. And her dad has taught her that she has to have ketchup on her tacos. I think its kinda weird and even a bit disgusting, but she will not eat her taco without it. Every bite she took that didn't have ketchup, she spit it out. It was quite amusing. Then we went to Wal-Mart. She has this new thing where she has to "ride" on the cart. She's such a clown. I wish I would have gotten pictures, but I didn't have my camera and I had left my phone in the car. After shopping we came home and put groceries away. Then we were able to take a nap! I love taking naps with my Madie. That usually only happens on Sundays. What a perfect day with my baby girl!!! I wish we could have gone to the park, but it was too cold.


She is growing up and getting so big! She absolutely loves puppies. Every time she sees one, she sticks her tongue out, pants, and says "arf arf". Its cute! Here are other things she loves:
*going "bye bye" or just being outside
*"juice" which happens to be anything in a cup
*"shoes" and jackets
*kisses
*books
*"babies"
*"Jake-y" which sounds more like JJ and cake together

SHE LOVES HER BABY (and for some reason put her necklace ON her head)

BABY KISSES awe!

We're working on learning body parts. She knows (can say and point to):
*hair
*eye
*ear
*nose
*belly
*bum
*and when you say "foot" she gets her shoes, puts them on and says "shoes" so she kinda gets points for that one.

Speaking of body parts...
Potty training seems to be going well. She's been wearing pull-ups for a while now. Sometimes she'll go in the bathroom and take down her pants when she needs to go. Most of the time she can't get her pants down, so she'll hand me a pull-up when she needs to be changed. So far, its worked out well. Hopefully by the end of the summer she'll be trained during the day (crossing fingers).

I haven't posted bath-time pictures for a while, so I thought I would. Madie loves bath-time!


ALL SMILES! (I love this picture, so I put it up twice)

WASHING HER HAIR!

TIME TO GET OUT!


BEFORE HER BATH!

HER BABY AND HER PURSE

APPARENTLY BABY NEEDS A BINKY (or two)
which I find odd because Madie would never take one...

MORE BABY KISSES!
how's that for an update???

2 comments:

Holly said...

Oh!!! She's so sweet! I don't believe how big she's getting!!! It just amazes me how quickly our little girls are growing! Keep up the good work Mommy!!!

Anonymous said...

she's a sweetheart , thats for sure