Monday, March 9, 2009

catching up from a busy week!

I've been meaning to update for a while, but I have been soooo busy! So I'm going to catch up in one blog!
First things first:

I got my hair cut!!!
Here is my before/after:

I was also able to donate 10 inches to locks of love!

I ♥ my new hair! It is so much easier (and fun) to do and feels so much better. Its also really cute! (Thanks, Cassi)


Tuesday was my birthday, the day I dreaded for 2 months, the day I turned 25. It was a great day! Thanks to all my friends and family for the birthday wishes and great gifts!

Madie got me flowers (with the help of my mom). Purple and white daisies (my favorite flower) with yellow carnations. Very pretty! Thanks Madison and Mom!


Dad, Marianne, and family got me Jillian Michael's Fitness Ultimatum Wii Game. I love it. Hopefully it will help me shed a few more pounds. Thanks guys!

Speaking of the Wii, Brian (my brother) gave me Guitar Hero and a guitar. Thanks Brian (even though I KNOW you'll never read this)


Jeni was able to find my FAVORITE candle (it was discontinued a long time ago and they just started making it again!). Saturday night I burned it while taking a relaxing bubble bath. I'm hesitant to burn it because I love it so much and don't want it to be gone, but I will enjoy it while it lasts. Thanks Jeni!

My mom and brothers and sisters went in on a laptop for me!!! I really love it and appreciate it so much. I now have a place to save my pictures and music (I was using Kyle's computer before). You would think that since I've had a laptop for a week I would have had a chance to blog by now. Like I said, I've been busy. Anyway, Thanks guys!


Beside awesome presents, I was able to see both my mom and dad on my birthday which means so much to me!!! My mom, Jeni, Kyle, and Madison went to lunch at JB's. We all had salad bar and half a sandwich with water. Later on, we were home (myself, Kyle, and Jeni) and my dad stopped by on his way to work. It was really good to see him. We have a lunch/dinner date, but because of our busy schedules we haven't been able to do it yet. Later that night, we had pizza, cake, and icecream. Because I am working on losing weight (not on a diet), I had 2 slices of pizza, weightwatchers cake, and skinny cow icecream. But I did have a cake, and Madie helped me blow out my candles:


And she loved the pizza!



I can't believe I am 25!!!
Thanks everyone for making it a very special day!

Well, then I weighed in for week 8, so here are week 8 results:

Week 1: -7.8 lbs (6th place)
Week 2: -3.2 lbs (4th place)
Week 3: -3.0 lbs (13th place)
Week 4: -2.6 lbs (23rd place)
Week 5: -2.6 lbs (3rd place)
Week 6: -0.2 lbs
Week 7: PASS* (+0.8 lbs, but because I used a pass it didn't count)
Week 8: -1.2 lbs (it was really down 2 lbs, but my last weight didn't count, so they had to go off of the weight the week before)

TOTAL: 20.6 lbs down

Yay! I finally officially lost 20 pounds this year. I weigh what it says on my driver's license (which I got almost four years ago)


Mondays are always special for me and Madie. We go to the library (Madison LOVES books), we go to lunch, we do our shopping and run our errands. Here are some pictures from today:

At Wal-Mart's fun center with her Uncle Jake:



Yes, she still has curlers in her hair. Wal-Mart was our first errand of the day and her hair wasn't quite dry yet.

She seriously played with my keys, the door handle/lock for a half hour while I put the groceries away.
And, yes, she has a messy face. It was DURING dinner. I tried to get her to eat, but she was determined to get the key in the key hole. silly girl!
SHE DID IT!!! then she worked on getting it out...
Madie's first motorcycle ride! She didn't like it too much...
I am still taking temple classes and plan on going through with Jeni on June 24. I can't wait! It will either be the Provo temple or the Mt. Timpanogus temple. I haven't decided yet.
I also hit a deer on my way to Huntington Sunday night. Scary moment, but I'm okay. Don't know about the deer, but all I can say about that is that it shouldn't have been in the road ;)
Well, those are all my updates for now! Now that I have a laptop (and a really nice camera from Christmas), you can expect lots of pictures from me now!!!
A side note: I plan on taking a digital scrapbooking class from my friend Sydnee here soon. I can't wait! I haven't done one bit of scrapbooking since Madie's birth.

3 comments:

Holly said...

I love, love, love your hair! It's gorgeous! I'm glad you had a great birthday and keep up the hard work! You're doing great!

Tam said...

Okay, the motorcycle? My little left handed grandaughter is my blessing. I am glad that we made your birthday special. I owe you a trip if you would just tell me where you want to go......

The Johnsons said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday! I love your hair it is so cute!