Tuesday, April 14, 2009

18 months old, Easter, two trips to Orem, etc (lots of pics)


I have a confession. I've done horrible with my weight-loss, so I decided to post a body picture. Two weeks ago I gained 2.4 lbs and last week I maintained. This week I was hoping for a big loss, but I will have to wait until Thursday to know exactly how I did. I'll let you know then.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, here's our weekly update:
Last Wednesday I took Madison to the doctor. I posted an update a few days ago on how the appointment went, but I forgot to mention her weight. She finally reached 18 lbs 4 oz!!! She stayed occupied by coloring on the bed paper:


Later that day Madison, Mom, Mel, and myself (wow, lots of m's) went with Mom to get her hair cut. I love the way it turned out:

Madie waiting...(sitting on the diaper bag, reading magazines, tossing them to the side when she'd finish)
smile pretty girl


After the hair cut, we went to Easter Egg Hunt #3:
on the way there
gathering eggs
the clan

that night in the ER

Thursday my mom, myself, Madison, Jeni, and Mel went to Orem.
on the ride up
we went to costco
and to a few pet stores
DUCKS
BIRDS
FISH
something must have been funny

then we went to Grandma & Grandpa's
Madie with her Great-Grandpa Taylor (he also blessed her)
Grandma tried to keep her entertained
Jeni and Melanie tried to scare her
she was just tired and wanted a nap (she found a "pillow" (chair cushion) and blanket and got herself comfy)

We had a great visit and I am always so sad to go. Hopefully we can see Grandma and Grandpa again soon.
Well on Friday we pretty much spent the day at the hospital for lots of tests. The nurse even gave Madie a soda for being good.


Saturday we got up early to see the Easter Bunny (already posted pic). Later that evening we colored eggs (twice):

I bought Madie this little thing called "Spin an Egg". It was awesome. You put the egg and dye in a little container thing and push the top to "spin the egg" and it colors it as it does so... It took us a while because she was eating as she was coloring.
Here is a video, then some pictures.

she loves these little things. we got them at costco and they are called Pirates Booty (ha), but they are like cheetos, but taste so much better.
the eggs turned out beautiful (especially for an 18 month old doing them almost by herself)

afterwards we also colored eggs with Melissa and Jake
Melissa
Jake

Madison

The Easter Bunny came that night!

He left a trail of eggs from the bed...

...to the basket
Madie in her Easter jammies
she had mini pancakes for breakfast (notice the baby?)
after breakfast (and chocolate)
she got chalk, but it was too cold to stay outside with it
she got bubbles (she loves bubbles)


Here's Madie in her Easter dress (we didn't go to church though because she was sick. I know she doesn't look sick, but she had diarrhea all weekend)

We went over to my mom's to hang out. Melissa and Jake got bunnies, so Madie had fun playing with them


she cuddled with Grandma on the couch watching tv

We had a GREAT Easter!!!

Monday Madie turned 18 months old! Its gone by so fast. She got big girl panties! She has woken up with a dry diaper 11 days in a row! She does really well during the day too (when we are home).
TINKERBELL (her favorite)

Monday morning she also had her first dental check-up. I didn't realize it until now, but I only got one picture. Probably because the exam was done with me holding her, so she wasn't ever in the chair. The dentist said her teeth look great with strong enamel. His only concern is that there may be some crowding with her back teeth, but its nothing to worry about now. She still has some teeth that need to come in, so things will change. She has another appointment in October. Here is the one picture (with the flower balloon she got):


After her appointment, we headed up North (again). This time to go dress shopping for Jeni. Yay!

I think her ear infection might have come back.
"juice" aka anything in her cup

at the mall

still at the mall
dress shopping


Jen ended up getting the most beautiful dress! Me, Melanie, and Melissa also found really pretty ones too. After dress shopping we went to lunch and a few other stops. It was a really fun day with the girls.

Today meant going back to work. So Madison hung out with Grandma all day. She decided she needed to wear make-up. Here she is wearing my blue eye-liner on her nose for some odd reason...


and here she is asking for "jake-y" on the phone (over and over again, and just for the record, there was no one on the phone)


We planted our plants nine days ago. Here's what they look like today:
STRAWBERRIES: not much change

FLOWERS ON THE LEFT, PUMPKIN ON THE RIGHT:

Hope everyone had a great week and a wonderful Easter!

1 comment:

The Johnsons said...

Wow! Looks like so much fun. Pae got the same babie for Easter. Looks like she loved Easter