Tuesday, April 7, 2009

keeping busy! (lots of pictures and a few videos)


I said I'd update every Monday and with one minute left of Monday, I'm keeping that promise. Well, our week was good but long!

Tuesday was just another day at work, but ended up great (as all Tuesdays do) because I get to spend time with my mom and sisters at our weekly get-togethers. Wednesday after work, Madie and I went to Brian's for a visit. As well as Thursday and again on Friday. Wednesday we just hung out and visited. Brian and I had one of those serious talks. Thursday was the Easter Egg Hunt. I already posted pictures on that. And Friday I took pizza and a movie out for the kids because Brian was sick and throwing up. We watched Bedtime Stories. GREAT movie! I loved it and recommend it to anyone who needs a laugh. Saturday morning Madie and I went to Easter Egg Hunt #2. Here are pictures...

just lookin' for eggs...

Mommy, Madie, Jacob, The Easter Bunny, & RJ the Clown!

Madie and Melissa (since she wasn't in the pic with the Bunny)

Madie barely came through the door and had to unload her basket. she sat there for a pretty long time...



She was being so cute, I had to get some pictures of us together...



Since our fence blew down (picture further below), my jogging stroller/bike trailer has been taking up space in our kitchen so it doesn't get stolen. Madie likes to crawl in and out of it.



she is such a doll!!!

We were also able to listen to Conference. After that Madie was feeling a little sick, so we cuddled and watched Marley and Me. Another good movie, but I did not like the ending (it was way too sad, and I'm not even a dog-person). However, it was a good movie and could teach a good lesson (like patience). Sunday was another yucky weather day.
See the snow from the picture? And our lovely fence...


We did not watch Conference because our cable was out and my internet connection wasn't very good. However, they are still available to watch on lds.org so I plan on doing that at work tomorrow. It snowed all day. So Madie and I stayed indoors and planted our garden. Well, we're not doing a full garden, just a few things indoors. I decided to plant a pumpkin (from seed). If we can grow a pumpkin, Madie can carve it in the fall for Halloween. I haven't ever successfully grown a pumpkin before, so we'll see. I also chose strawberries because they are a rewarding treat for kids to grow. You are able to pick fruit almost daily and I think that will be fun for Madie. We also planted some flowers, just because. Of course, there are pictures.
This is what we started with...

We started with the strawberries.
filling basket with dirt...

She did so good. I thought there would be dirt everywhere, but there wasn't!



she's leveling the dirt out (below)

handing the cup back to mom for more

then we watered them...

I heard you were supposed to water with warm water when transplanting, so the water was warm (not hot). She doesn't quite know "warm" yet, but to her warm and hot are both "hot". See from the video below: (and again, it wasn't "hot" or she obviously wouldn't have been touching the water without crying, so I'm not abusing my child)



After the strawberries, we planted the seeds...

Step 1: fill the cups with dirt (okay, so this kinda confused her. she was wondering where she was supposed to dump the dirt)

Step 2: plant the seeds! (the best part)
the flowers...

and the pumpkins...

Step 3: water and cover with plastic (I did this step)

OUR GARDEN...!!!


Shortly after our planting, Madison started throwing up. I felt so bad for her. It lasted several hours. My mom called the doctor and had him call me. When I explained what was going on, he told me to take her to the ER right away. I decided I would shower first. Before I got in the shower, Madie started eating some crackers and drinking some juice. By the time I got out of the shower and dressed, she had not thrown up. So I decided just to watch her and if she threw up I would then take her in. She didn't throw up after that, so I didn't take her in. She still didn't feel great, so we just watched movies (something we do a lot of!)

Eating a popsicle, trying to get fluids in her (have I mentioned she loves her baby?)

After throwing up a few times, we tried a bath... and she threw up IN the tub.

Laying on the floor just sick

watching movies (the bed wasn't made because the sheets were in the washer and the floor needs vacuuming from cracker crumbs)


Here is another video of her telling me there are "birds" and "fishies" in Pocahontas...



finally sleeping


Yesterday Brian (my brother) came over to do yardwork...

And Melanie came over to help Jeni move...

Madie wanted to help too...


Jeni has lived with us for the past two years and I am really going to miss her when she moves out (she hasn't yet, but soon). I am really happy for her that she is getting married and has bought a new house (and a new car), and even though she'll only be a few miles away, I'll still miss seeing her every day.

Today we ran our errands and then went on a picnic! It was so relaxing and Madie and I had so much fun. The weather was perfect!!! Which means... more pictures!

I love this girl so much! She is my world!

Madie's self portrait

Us again...

For our picnic, we went to Subway because a picnic just isn't a picnic without a sandwich!
Here's Madie taking the sandwiches out of the sack. She's such a big help.

Sandwich, cucumbers, olives, crackers, cookies, and SunnyD.
Her very first Subway of her own (she's always had to share with me in the past)

We even took a 5 minute nap, it was so nice to lay in the sun (even though she insisted on putting her jacket on, it was not cold at all)

Gotta love having a timer on your camera...
The up-close picture of this is the very first one on this blog.
After our picnic, we went home. Madie finished her nap while I put together her Easter basket. When she woke up, I took her temp and it was high, so we ended up going out to the ER. I was insistant on checking her urine. They did and it was clear. Doctor said it couldn't have looked better! Yay! Then he checked her over and said her ears were infected, especially the left. In fact, the tube isn't even working. And she has huge puss-pockets on her throat. He was pretty sure it was strep, but didn't want to test her (sticking that huge stick down your throat when it is sore isn't any fun). The reason he didn't test her is because the antibiotic he put her on for her ears is also one that will take care of strep. So here we go again (with the ears) and she just had strep six months ago. Luckily she has her 18 month check up next week and we can talk to the doctor about the tube not working and the clear urine.
Just to let everyone know, potty training is still going well. However, I got a rather rude email saying I shouldn't MAKE or FORCE it. I just wanted to clarify that. I am NOT forcing potty training on Madison. She is taking all the steps on her own and leading me. I bought the chair only after she went into the bathroom and took down her own pants (read previous post: "I'm a big girl now"). And when she wakes up dry, and I put her on the potty and she goes, I don't see anything wrong with that. I asked the ER dr tonight (and also plan on asking the pediatrician) about her holding it in. He said its a sign of a UTI, but from her test results, it is clear she does not have one. So he said she is holding it because that is part of the training process. I also had not had any plans of potty training until the weather was warmer (warmer weather = less clothes which makes it easier for them). Anyway, I'm not going to go off on it anymore. Here is another video. In this one she is telling me she needs to "pee" in the "potty".
And here are a few other random pictures from this week.
Madison insisted on wearing her coat for half a day. Maybe she was cold. Maybe she just wanted to go somewhere. I don't know. But she also insisted on eating a lemon. I don't have a clue why...


I also caught her hiding in the corner. I didn't know what she was doing. Honestly, I thought it was another potty training behavior (having to be alone to do your business). But when I heard the beeps, I had to check it out. Apparently Madison has been to the doctor enough to know how this works. Here is my little Dr. Madison...



That was our week. I hope everyone had a great week.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Ah! It looks like you had a good week despite Madie being sick!!