Well, Tuesday I worked and then watched the Biggest Loser with my mom and sisters. Wednesday I spent the evening cleaning carpets. After looking through my Easter pictures I realized how bad they were. I was ashamed to really even post any pictures because the carpets were so dirty. Having an 18 month old with white carpets is not the easiest thing. After a few hours of cleaning, they look so much better! Thursday while I was at work, Brian picked Madison up and took her to his house for a while. So I came home without her. Jeni was moving the rest of her stuff out of the house so I visited with her for a while. Then I went to Huntington to pick Madie up. Friday Madison had her doctors appointment. We found out some fantastic news... her iron levels (also called hemoglobin) are up and in the normal range!!! This is great news because we have been trying to get it up for over six months now. Its all because of Flinstone multi-vitamins with iron. However, she has also developed this rash. Here's a picture (you can't tell how bad it is from the pic though).
He thinks it might be a viral infection so he gave me some cream. If the cream doesn't work, it is probably eczema. We have a follow up appointment on Friday. But I've noticed it really flares up when she goes outside. So I think it might be hives or allergies. So after work Friday I did yard work. I spent about four hours and it looks like I've done nothing! I can't wait for another few weeks so I can plant flowers. Saturday I cleaned inside. I finally cleaned out Madison's closet and dresser. Its been about a year since I've put away clothes that don't fit. Up until recently she's been wearing 6-9 month clothes. I finally decided it was time to put them away. Some of them still fit, but she's been wearing them for a year and its time for a change. Here's an example:
I also cleaned out her toybox and got rid of about half her toys (the ones she has outgrown r doesn't play with). It is so nice to get rid of that clutter! I want to get a pet net for her stuffed animals. Anyone know where I can get one? (I should check ebay). Sunday we did not go to church again. This time it was completely accidental. The power went off early in the morning, so my alarm did not wake me up in time. So Madie and I watched movies all day in our jammies. But we will go to church next Sunday for sure! Today we did lots of things. Madie had a WIC appointment. They checked her iron (again, everyone's been so worried about it) and was so glad it was in the normal range. Then they got upset with me because her weight is not where it should be. Her height looks great, but her weight is under. (I've known that since birth! I wish people would stop getting on my case about it! My daughter is not starving!) After the appointment, we walked next door to JC Penny's. I had an excuse to go shopping since I had cleared out the closet and dresser. I didn't buy much because they didn't have a great selection (speaking of which, I will probably look online. Anyone know of some good websites/stores for childrens clothing?) Here's what I got (for $36):

Then we walked to the library for story time. Two of the little girls that go are in my ward. One is in primary but the other is in nursery with Madison. Here is a picture of them coloring (Abby is on the left, Madie is in the middle, and Callie is on the right. Abby stole Madie's color page):

Then we walked to the library for story time. Two of the little girls that go are in my ward. One is in primary but the other is in nursery with Madison. Here is a picture of them coloring (Abby is on the left, Madie is in the middle, and Callie is on the right. Abby stole Madie's color page):

Here is the craft they made (its a puppy made out of a toilet paper roll) and her color page:

After the library, we got some lunch and headed to the park. (I really need to start packing our lunches). Madie had a great time on the slide!!! Watch this video (she starts out on the steps with the little boy named Jack who she made good friends with, then she crawls through the tunnel. She caught me off guard because she had been going down the slide in front of me, but decided to go down a different one.)
Here she is with Jack:

Well after the park, we ran lots more errands and then headed out for Brian's house. Brian's mom got Madie a ball for Easter and she loves to kick and throw the ball: -
She's such a silly girl!!!
She's such a silly girl!!!
So that was our week. Not too exciting. Sorry.
Here are pictures of our plants:
The first berry!!! (better than the last melon... Ice Age)
So I got a berry, but the plant does not seem to be doing well. I am obviously not a gardener, but I am afraid my strawberry plant is not going to make it. Any suggestions, tips, or ideas? Somebody told me to cut all the flowers/blossoms off the plant so the plant will grow bigger, then once it is big, let the flowers grow into berries. What do you think?
Here are the flowers and pumpkin:
(Well, the flowers and pumpkin were both KILLED tonight. Yes, killed. Jacob picked them and threw them away. So we will be starting over within the next few days. But this is what they looked like yesterday).
As I was posting, I realized I didn't have a picture of me and Madie this week. She was in bed, so I snuggled with her to get a picture. Of course she gave me some kisses...

HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!!





5 comments:
i love your updates!
do you have any outlet stores near you?? children's place has amazing clothes at amazing prices- especially at the outlet. their online sales aren't too bad either.
i am NOT impressed with JCPenney at all for children's clothes. =[
You two are so cute! I know how you feel about being a gardner...I am Terrible with plants! They like die in my presence! lol! Madison could be allergic to grass. Alot of kids are that young but it usually just goes away. I love seeing what you guys are up too! I hope everything is well!
Well I'm STILL allergic to grass and I'm 21 years old, still a kid thought right? Have to tried Sudafed or Benedryl? I know there's a benedryl spray or lotion that you could try. I did a search for you for stuffed animals nets. http://shop.ebay.com/items/_W0QQ_nkwZStuffedQ20animalQ20netQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZR40QQ_mdoZ here's the link and I hope it helps!!
I love old navy and gap clothes for little girls.
Have you ever tried EBAY for clothes? :) Alot of people sell them in lots, brand new or barely used. Most are name brands so they'll last longer and be better quality and they can be really cheap! We just bought some for Tally and I think we got 5 pairs of pants, 4 pairs of shorts, a shirt, a dreass, and 3 pairs of brand new socks. For $15 it was SWEET! Sure check on your camera for me, I like you're pictures. Does it have a sports setting?
Post a Comment