Monday, January 26, 2009

monkey see, monkey do

Saturday afternoon I was doing laundry. Madison loves to help with the laundry. Well, I found a sock with a hole in it so I threw it in the trash. I have since then taken four pairs of socks out of the trash. Madie seems to think that is where they belong now. She will take them off my feet and off her own and take them straight to the garbage.

Its cute. But how do I teach her something isn't right when she watched me do it?

2 comments:

Holly said...

Ha! Ha! Mackaylee has issues like that too! But it's everything that goes into the garbage. Anytime she sees me throw something in she grabs whatever she can find near her and heads straight for the garbage. We have to eye the garbage before we take it out so we don't throw anything important away!

Syd said...

haha you might just have to take her to the garbage where she put a sock take it out with her and then walk to her to where you want it to be and help her put it there. That's what Ryan and I did to teach Tally to go get a diaper. We just said "Tally can you go get me a diaper" and then for the first couple times we walked her to her room and grabbed a diaper put it in her hand and walked back to where we were, after a while she caught on and now she does it by herself when we ask her.