Tuesday, January 27, 2009

True story...

So I posted on Sunday a few of the feelings I have been feeling lately about temples. Last night before going to bed I checked my voicemail and there was a message from my ward clerk. He said the bishop wanted to talk to me. It was too late to call him back. However his wife is my visiting teacher, and she came over this morning. I told her that I needed to talk to her husband but he is really hard to get ahold of. He is a dentist and works 12 hr days without breaks. She was able to make an appointment with the bishop for me.

I planned on talking to him about my desire to go through the temple.

I was sure I was going to get a calling. Which I would have been thrilled to. But I was wrong.

I went into his office and he offered a prayer. Then he said to me, "Have you thought about going through the temple?" I started crying and couldn't speak. Its like he knew what I had been thinking and feeling. I have been praying about it, and I really want to go through the Provo, UT temple on March 28. So Bishop and I are going to talk on Sunday and I am going to start taking temple prep classes. I am so excited! I know its going to be one of the greatest and most memorable days of my life.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Yay!!!!! Looks like you are being guided to the temple in more than one way!!

Holly Steffen said...

That is awesome. I am so happy for you. =]