Saturday, January 31, 2009

Missed My Madie

Today was a long day! Madison was 120ish miles away from me for 14 hours. Thats the furthest and the longest we've ever been apart. Brian picked Madison up at 7 this morning. He took her to SLC for her brother's birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese. It being Saturday, I really, really wanted to sleep in. But I couldn't sleep until he called me at 9:30 to tell me they had made it. Then I was able to go back to sleep. And I slept until noon. I can't remember the last time I slept until noon, but it was so nice! (Usually sleeping in is 10, if Madison will let me sleep that late). Then I got up and the house was silent. I forgot what silence sounded like. I cleaned house. It didn't take as long as it usually does because I didn't have my little one following me around "cleaning" in her own style. I finished all the laundry and cleaning, even went grocery shopping. It was nice, but very boring. I remembered what it was like before Madison was here. Quiet. Clean. Organized. But boring. A home not so full of love. I love her so much! She makes me smile. And laugh. A lot. Brian just brought her back. He said she had a great time at Chuck E Cheese. I wish I could have spent the day with her, but I am grateful that she was able to spend it with her family. When she got back, I had cinnamon rolls and milk (breastmilk of course, I had to pump while she was gone) ready for her. She is talking to her cinnamon rolls right now. Hopefully she goes to bed soon since we have church tomorrow. But until then, we will go watch a movie and enjoy some popcorn. That is one of our favorite things to do. I'm so glad she is home! I missed her so much.

1 comment:

Holly Steffen said...

aw this blog is so sweet. its amazing how much we love our babies.

thanks for the comment!!! parker can wear most 6/9mon clothes too. usually 12m is for the length. haha... i can't believe he finally made it. i was a little nervous switching it bc he's barely 20lbs but i figured i gotta do it sooner or later. so it was a 'treat' for him. he had such a funny look on his face going down the rd the first time. haha.